Magee Station

William and Sarah Magee first moved to the area in the early 1860s, when they began working for Gus Meacham on his ranch. In 1864, they established a station where they lived (just east of Big Adobe). At some point, an ice house was also built in back. Magee Station would house several large parties in its time.

Magee Station lasted until 1890, when it closed. By the next year, it was sold to Jakie and Ellen Springer. The Springers built a fine two-story house, and remained until the early 1900s. The original Magee Station building met its end sometime in the early-to-mid 1900s when an accidental fire destroyed the then-unoccupied structure.

See Also
St. ClairSt. Clair Station