Desert Quartz Mill

The short-lived Desert Quartz Mill was constructed in 1863 to handle ore from the Desert Queen mine, about two miles southwest. It was a two-stamp mill, and an arrastra was located here as well. A lack of water and lumber for fuel plagued the mill, and in 1864 ore reduction moved to the Oneida Mill, about twelve miles to the northeast.

See Also
Desert Queen MineOneida Mill

Bibliography