Healy, sometimes spelled Healey, was a post office on the ranch of David L. Healy. His wife, Mary A. Healy, served as postmistress. The Healy Ranch was settled about 1872, and in 1880 Mr. & Mrs. Healy lived there along with their 30-year-old son, Alfred, who held mines at Bernice. Alfred died in 1885, followed by David in 1897, and in 1902, Mary sold the ranch to James F. Byer. The ranch has since been known as the Byers Ranch, though Byer too sold it off in 1917.