Porter Station

Porter Station was an early station on freight roads passing through the north end of Lodi Valley between Westgate and Ione. In 1865, a man named O'Donnell was the proprietor, but by 1883 the name had changed to Porter's and surveyors noted a barn and corral on site. Sometime before or around the turn of the century, Porter's burned down, and the summit nearby has been known as "Burnt Cabin" ever since.