Dinner Station

Dinner Station, known also as Weiland Station and Oldham's Station, was a prominent stop on the Elko-Tuscarora stage route. The original wood building was constructed in the late 1860s by Alex Coryell, but burned in 1884, when the current stone building was constructed. In 1888, a saloon and store opened. An unofficial post office was opened, and a school opened in 1889. By 1900, Dinner Station had a population of 40. With the advent of the automobile, the end of Dinner Station was eminent. Since then, the stationhouse has been a private residence. In 1991, the stationhouse was struck by fire, but restored by 1996. The station still stands today.