Patsville's life began when nearby Rio Tinto rose to prominence in 1932. Pat Maloney (for whom the town was named) and Marge Clark opened a sporting house and dance hall, and before long Patsville had a saloon, boarding house, drugstore, garage, service station, and red light district. Patsville maintained a population of around 50 for most of its life, but it quickly faded after Rio Tinto began to decline. The last business in town, a store operated by Chauncey and Gen Olson, closed in 1949. Several buildings remained at Patsville until August 2018, when all but one were destroyed by the South Sugarloaf Fire.

See Also
Rio Tinto