The milling camp of Pinto (not to be confused with the camp of the same name 3 miles away in White Pine County) came into being in 1871 when a 20-stamp mill was erected by A.M. Scheidell. Soon the camp had a small population, store, and school. In November 1876, the mill was leased by the Geddes & Bertrand Company, who had mines in nearby Secret Canyon. The operation lasted until 1884, after which the mill was dismantled and Pinto abandoned.

See Also