Red Devil (Beowawe) Mine

Cinnabar discoveries south of Beowawe were first made in 1924 by R.S. Harris and C.M. Wilkinson. In 1928, their Red Devil claims were acquired by the Nevada-Mexico Mining Corporation and a Diesel power plant, 30-ton rotary furnace, and condensing system were built. In September 1929, the property was closed after producing about 132 flasks. The property was worked again in 1932 by the Sacramento Gold and Quicksilver Mining Company, but only a few flasks were produced.