[Not to be confused with the early 1900s camp of the same name, 1¾ miles east]

Although they had been discovered earlier, the Adelaide Crown group of claims saw little development prior to 1920 when they were acquired by W.P. Hammons of California. Extensive developments were made, but there was no production. In the mid-1930s, it was acquired by Roy Hardy of Reno, whose Crown Consolidated Company further developed the mine, including grading of a 1000-ft tramway and preparations for a mill. Sometime between 1938 and the end of 1940, the 400-500 ton cyanide mill was completed, but was only able to operate until the mines were closed due to World War II. The property has remained mostly idle since, with the exception of some open-pit mining prior to 1991.

See Also