Bristol Well

A furnace was in operation here as early as 1872, and silver-lead ore was brought over from National City (the Bristol mine). In 1880, a five-stamp mill and smelter were built and charcoal ovens were erected. A new copper smelter went into operation in 1890, and by then Bristol Well was home to around 400. By 1893, however, Bristol Well fell out of use.

In 1900, a copper leaching plant was built to treat ore from the Bristol Mine, but it only operated for two years. After the railroad was completed through Lincoln County in 1905, Bristol Well wasn't used again.

The Bristol Well Town Site was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.