(Royal City)

Silver ore was discovered on the east side of the Bristol Range in 1876, and a camp called Royal City came into being. Soon, Royal City had a store, saloon, boarding house, blacksmith shop, and restaurant. Ore was transported to Bristol and Pioche for milling, and a post office even operated briefly in 1878-79. Production fell in the 1880s, but a revival occured after 1891 when Royal City - now renamed Jackrabbit - was connected by a 15-mile narrow gauge railway to the Godbe Mill. Mining ceased in 1893, with brief revivals from 1906-07 and 1912-14 (at which point an aerial tramway was built connecting to the Bristol Mine).