Kershaw was an early ranching settlement, named for Samuel and Hannah Kershaw, who arrived in 1873. A post office was established in 1892. By the turn of the century, a pump station was erected to supply water from Meadow Valley Wash to Delamar, a distance of twelve miles and with an elevation gain of 1500 feet, aided by three booster stations.

Between 1903 and 1905, the Union Pacific Railroad was constructed through Rainbow Canyon and a siding was established by the name of Stine, after a mine owner at Delamar. In 1904, the Kershaws sold their holdings to James and Patrick Ryan, and at the end of the year their name was removed from the post office - it was now known by the siding's name. By the end of 1909, the pump station was dismantled and in 1949 Stine was abandoned. The former Kershaw property is now Kershaw-Ryan State Park, established in 1935.

Union Pacific Railroad
← Boyd • StineEtna