Hawes Station

Hawes (or Haws's) Station was built in 1851 by Willard Gates (although it retains the name of Bert Haws, who owned it later), and was one of the first homes built along the Carson Trail, serving as a trading and emigrant station. Up until its abandonment in the early 1870's, Hawes Station also served as an Overland Mail and Stage station and was briefly a relay station along the Pony Express Route.

The Hawes name was later applied to a station on the Southern Pacific's Nevada and California Railroad, constructed through here in 1905 to connect Hazen Mina.


Nevada & California Railroad
← Rugby • Hawes • Appian →

Bibliography