In the 1880s, a man named Milton operated a small vegetable ranch here, selling to the towns of Grantsville and Berlin. However, earlier in 1863, prospectors had been drawn to the canyon near here after strikes were made. The 20-stamp Tanshish mill started operation - and folded - in 1865. About 20 houses had been built, but all were moved to Grantsville. In the 1930s and 40s, a small antimony mine was worked by E. Berryman, but work ceased due to unsuccesful production.

See Also