Bonnie Briar
(Stone House)

Around 1880, James L. McCulloch prospected in the Sierra district. It is not known whether or not he located gold at that time, but about 1903 he returned to the district and organized the Bonnie Briar Gold Mining and Development Company. High grade ore was produced through the Panic of 1907, and between twelve and sixteen men were employed. A post office opened in 1908, and around 1909-10 a fifteen-stamp mill and cyanide plant were erected. Presumably, Bonnie Briar's success came to an end in the early 1910s, as the post office closed in 1911.