M.G.L. Mine & Mill

The M.G.L. Mine (initially called the Cowles) was located around 1917, and from 1917-18 some 80 tons of tungsten ore were produced by C.R. Cowles and associates. In 1941, it was sold to Arthur Letts, Jr., whose M.G.L. Mining Corporation built a 100-ton flotation concentrator, which went into operation in August 1942. The mine operated until January 1945 before going idle, after which it was only briefly worked by lessees from 1952 until 1956.

See Also