Indian prospector Tom Fisherman discovered gold in 1907 and reported it to Harry Stimler (discoverer of Goldfield). Too busy with his other discovery, Stimler performed very little work on the property. In 1909, it was sold to millionaire W.H. Colvin of Chicago, who renamed it Nivloc - 'Colvin' spelled backward. Again, little work was done until May 1928, when Colvin appointed Fred Vollmar, Sr. as Superintendent. Vollmar was tasked with providing water to Nivloc as well as making repairs to the mine camp following an earlier flash flood. Though this was completed, not enough ore was located to justify the construction of a mill, and Colvin abandoned the property in 1934, despite being urged to continue by Vollmar.

Vollmar subsequently relocated the claims, effectively taking full control of the Nivloc property until his death shortly thereafter, at which point it was passed on to his son, Fred Vollmar, Jr. Vollmar, Jr. and associates organized the Red Mountain Mining Company in April 1936 to continue development at Nivloc. The following year, however, it was sold to the Bralorne Mines corporation, which then established Desert Silver, Incorporated to work the property. Extensive development began immediately, and a 200-ton mill began operation in November 1937. It operated until July 1943, producing over $3.9 million in silver and gold.

On June 19, 1946, Nivloc Mines, Inc. was organized to take over the Nivloc property, though a lack of funds led to little work actually being completed. In June 1956, Nivloc Mines, Inc. sold out to the U.S. Mining and Milling Corporation, which produced some bullion in 1958 before moving on to work the Mohawk Mine instead.