Bunker Hill

The first discoveries of gold and silver in Kingston Canyon were in Spring 1863. Three mines (Victorine, Bi-Metallic, and Goldpoint or Iroquois) were located by July and centered around the small camp of Bunker Hill at the mouth of Victorine Canyon. When a 20-stamp mill was erected in Kingston, Bunker Hill faded as its population shifted down the canyon to the newer townsite. The camp would be completely abandoned by 1887.

There isn't much left at the Bunker Hill site, but the Kingston Campground is located nearby and the canyon is a gorgeous place to camp and fish.

See Also