The Bullfrog District was organized following discoveries by Frank "Shorty" Harris and Ernest L. Cross on August 4, 1904. By early 1905 two minor tent camps, Amargosa City and Bonanza, formed. In March, the two camps were consolidated, creating the new town of Bullfrog. Bullfrog soon was home to 1000, and hosted a post office, hotel, jail, bank, water line, chamber of commerce, and a newspaper - the Bullfrog Miner.

As nearby Rhyolite continued to grow, businesses began to relocate and Bullfrog started to die. The town managed to barely hang on for a few more years, but with Rhyolite in a decline of its own, Bullfrog finally croaked in 1909.

See Also