Montgomery Mine

The Montgomery mine was discovered in 1924. In 1929, W.A. Montgomery sold the property to the Nevada Quicksilver Company, which developed it further. Until its closure in 1931, Ore was trucked to the Juniper mine for reduction, and it is speculated that of the 300 flasks reduced there, most of the ore came from the Montgomery mine. From 1933 until 1935, C.W. Cramer leased the property, and in 1939 Ben Jackson built a 6-pipe retort. Lessees worked the property intermittently until at least 1944. The reduction plant was probably erected in the early-to-mid 1940s.

See Also
Antelope Springs Mining DistrictPershing Mine